I found this via a friend on Facebook. Why is this an awesome list?….
Because NONE of these listed mistakes apply to my career choices as a nurse!!!!
The Top 10 College Mistakes That Will NOT Help You Find a Career:
- Getting a degree where the only way you can get a job is by getting your masters or PhD.
- Heading into a career field with no jobs available.
- Getting a graduate degree that wasn’t necessary because you could have gotten the same job without it.
- Not conducting informational interviews to find out that you hate your chosen career before you start working in it.
- Not making a plan for what you are going to do after college so you just take the first job that popped up after graduation (that you hate).
- Not building a network during college because you spent too much time studying or partying.
- Picking a major where there is only one type of job after graduation instead of having many different options that you can pursue.
- Picking a major that you are good at in school but you actually despise it.
- Picking a major because someone else said that you should.
- Since you can’t find a job after college, you decide to head to grad school instead (and still can’t find a job after grad school).