Image Source: TripAdvisor
There is no turning back now. It’s official. I’m a student (again). I’m a student for the 4th time.
As of yesterday the journey to my Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) has begun.
So here’s a little history.
I already HAVE one Bachelor’s degree. I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise and Sport Science with a concentration in Athletic Training. As most of you know, I’m not actively practicing as an ATC these days. I am a full-time RN.
Being a nurse and the nursing field is actually my 3rd career. Yes, you read that right, 3rd career.
Quick rewind of my career and education:
- Entered college as an Engineering major
- Dropped Engineering major after 2 yrs – started Exercise Sport Science
- Graduated after 5 more years of school
- During college and after graduation worked for Retail chain
- First year post graduation continued work in Retail as well as did per diem personal training
- First couple jobs as an ATC was horrible due to low pay.
- Left ATC world, back to retail world for better pay. Became a manager for 2 yrs.
- Realized how much I did not like the life of retail – back to ATC
- ATC for another couple years – got hurt as well as kindly reminded of lifestyle and lack of pay
- Applied for nursing school. Back to school (2nd time) to finish pre-req’s for RN diploma school
- RN diploma school (3rd time) – graduated
- Working as Full-time RN – now delving back into personal training
- Seeking Bachelor’s in Nursing to ensure long-term career placement and advancement. (4th time)
Yes, it’s been a long journey and there doesn’t seem to be an end. This time around my BSN won’t take too long since I already HAVE a Bachelor’s in a health related field.
Luckily I will only need a total of 3 semesters. 3 semesters later I will attain my Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.
Wish me luck.
I still want to blog about my nursing world, just don’t know how it will work into my current blog’s state of affairs?
I thought about creating another blog? But that would be such a hassle.
I guess I’ll keep on blogging here although the darn name and theme will confuse the heck out of my visitors. I have visitors from the fitness and exercise world, then I have my nurse and health care world visitors.
I wish I could find a happy medium.
Maybe I jumped the gun by changing my domain name?? Grr.
I would love to hear suggestions from my readers (the few I have).
- What do you think about my new domain name forward/change from the mystrongmedicine to blog.bethenextstep?
- Where should I blog about fitness?
- Where should I blog about nursing?
- Should I separate my blogging themes or keep them all in one place?
- Should I go back to mystrongmedicine.com? Or keep blog.bethenextstep.com?
- Is my blog more and more confusing these days?
I truly look forward to any and all suggestions. If not through the comments, please send me an email. I’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for sticking around my merry-go round-like blog.